Self-care

Source unknown. 
How do you save and store quotes or passages that you enjoy? I have been spending the past two mornings copying particularly resonating quotes into the back pages of my moleskin notebook. I'm curious to how others store and revisit writing that speaks to them, that is to be remembered and internalized.

While continuously copying this morning I revisited a quote from The Road Less Traveled that I thought ought to be shared.

This feeling of being valuable is a cornerstone of self-discipline because when one considers oneself valuable one will take care of oneself in all the ways that are necessary. Self-discipline is self-caring.

How is your journey towards self-care progressing? Mine more aptly resembles the lines drawn of the ocean tide, it is absent and missed then comes back into my life with a force to be heeded. And after a while it recedes again as I allow priorities to shift. The ebb + flow continues but I find comfort in the constancy, the ocean is always there, as are the ways I have created routines and habits around self-care. What are some habits we can cultivate to better support our selves, body and mind? When + where does self-discipline play a role in our self-care? 


No comments :

Post a Comment