Prenatal Yoga

Teaching yoga to pregnant women, prenatal yoga, is an incredible opportunity. I really love working with women expecting their child- helping them revisit comfort and relaxation in their changing bodies is a challenge I embrace wholeheartedly.

What I hope for when working with expectant mothers is a time carved out for them to relax, to feel some semblance of ownership in their body and find comfort + excitement in the ways the changes are bringing abundance and joy into their life. We work on managing expectations, a common mantra in class is "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" about dialing back a little to create some space for rest and growth.

We've offered 4 week Mama's Yoga classes at YogaYOGI studio in the past and started incorporating 1-1 prenatal yoga classes into our schedule. Often times in a prenatal 1-1 yoga class we have time for hands-on assists and relaxing massage- I always come back to the idea that we often forget how great are bodies are designed to feel. This idea comes back even louder while one is creating an entire human being in their body, so the small things like a low back massage or relief to tender sciatic pain can do wonders for the body + mind.

Some kind words from one of my prenatal yoga students. Vanessa, I can't thank you enough for the opportunity of seeing you through* your pregnancy, I am continuously inspired by your strength. 
Meg put great thought into the sequence of poses and always made sure to ask us if we had any new aches/pains or special circumstances that week. If she needed to change her plan for the day she always had alternatives on hand or was willing to try and work with our different and changing bodies to make sure we got the best out of every session...With the two of us (in a 1-1 class), it felt much like a workshop where she or I would suggest something and we would try it together to see how my body could handle it. I always appreciate her openness to try different things and adapt to an ever-changing physical situation.
I can't recommend Meg enough for both regular yoga and prenatal yoga. My body and mind are more relaxed thanks to our sessions together!
If you are expecting and would like to find some physical relief + joy in a safe and accommodating way, send me a note to set up a free prenatal consultation. We can talk about any aches, expectations and emotions around your growing belly! As with all YogaYOGI classes, 1-1's can be tailored to suit all physical levels. 

*almost! Can't wait to meet the little lady. 

No comments :

Post a Comment