Morning yoga!

In the winter time, here in South Korea, it's easy to wake up while it's still dark outside. Not wanting to sleep in past my 8 hour mark (oh, I could easily!) I set my alarm for 7am and sit in the living room, drinking tea with the curtains open waiting for the sun to rise. Now, I realize how the above may sound, and it's not every day that I get to enjoy this routine (or feel up to it!) but I'm learning that the more time I set aside for myself, when it's quiet and free of technology, the easier it is to transition into an enjoyable day.

There are time-tested ways we can create a day of joy and tranquility. Practicing yoga in the morning, before we've had a chance to let the mind run away with obligations is a great way to feel calm and with intent before we head off to our regular routine. I love teaching my Friday morning Hatha Yoga class because it's such a great way to wind down the week with a sense of completion and look forward to a relaxing weekend. Practicing in the morning is known to jump start physical and mental awareness, the tranquil shivasana vibes lasting far and beyond the confines of our yoga mats. Morning practice is where I get to choose how I lead my day- clear mind, deep breaths and full of observation. 

Contact me for more information about our morning Friday Hatha Yoga class.
See our updated schedule here

No comments :

Post a Comment